Saturday, December 25, 2010

My new Inkle Loom!

My wonderful husband got me a Schacht Inkle Loom for Christmas this year! 

By Christmas afternoon I had created my heddles using crochet cotton, warped the loom with some found grey and pink wool/cotton blend yarns from my stash and had over eight inches of weaving done!  It is so much fun.  I quickly discovered I had an error in my warping which showed in the finished weave but as this is just a practice weave which will be a non-SCA belt for six year old "M" I opted to leave it as it was instead of rewarping the whole project.

Although this design of loom does not fall within the time period of the SCA the resulting Inkle, the woven belt or trim it creates, is documentable to the SCA time frame.  I have several projects I would like to use inkle weaving in:
  1. Stocking garters
  2. Woven Belt
  3. possibly trim for my new hemd

No comments:

Post a Comment