Saturday, December 18, 2010

The plan for new garb for me!

Now that the rush to make garb for the three kiddos is over I am excited to get on with the plans for a whole new set of garb for me!  My SCA Persona, Elsebeth, was born in Frankfurt, German in 1465.  My goal is to create period garb that falls between the years of 1485 to 1520 when I would have been an adult between 20-55 years old.  To that end, I want my first dress to be an everyday working dress similar to that seen in the images below:

Portrait of a Man and His Wife by Ulrich Apt the Elder, 1512.

Anna Barth? from the Lamberger Portrait Book, 1575-ish.
(Is fancier then I want and from a later period but nice to see the style didn't change much.)

Portrait of 34 year old women by Hans Holbien, 1517.

Portrait of Coloman Helmschmid and Agnes Breu by Jorg Breu the Elder, 1500-1505.

Portrait of a women by Wolf Traut, 1510.

To Do List:
1. Kleid (dress)
2. Hemd (smock)
3. Wulsthaube (headwear)
4. Goller (shoulder wrap/cape)
5. Apron
6. Hose (stockings)
7. Shoes (and maybe Pattens too)
8. Jewelry
9. Belt
10. Pouch

It is a long, somewhat overwhelming list!  I will take on one thing at a time but most likely not in the order listed above.  Many of the items I don't have at all and if added onto my current not period correct dress and chemise I will at least "look" more period-ly correct so I may work on those first just in case the dress doesn't get finished by the next event, Ymir, in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment