Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A&S 50 Challenge

While researching different areas related to my persona, Elsbeth, I kept seeing references to an "A&S 50 Challenge".  I wasn't sure what it was all about but after seeing it on many Scadian's sites I decided to look into it further.  I was very excited to learn about the ongoing challenge to create 50 new things by the 50th anniversary of the SCA in 2015.  You can learn more about it on the A&S 50 Challenge website.

There are Three Kinds of Challenges:
The Depth Challenge -
*50 of any one type of thing, in order to push your skills and knowledge to new levels (how broadly you define this is up to you)

The Breadth Challenge -
*do/make/learn 50 new and different things (how new, and how different is up to you/your group), or,

The Persona Challenge - 
*making/learning 50 different things that your persona would know, have, or know how to do

Since I am jumping back in the SCA with both feet and starting at square one with my persona I will be attempting the Persona Challenge for sure.  It should be pretty easy to think up 50 things that are new to me that my 15th/16th century persona would have known how to do.  Some broad categories will include clothing, embroidery, weaving, knitting, hygiene, cooking, etc.

Yeah!  I love a good challenge!

In future, when I complete a project that will be part of the A&S 50 Challenge I will add the tag "50 Challenge" to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment